06 agosto 2009

I am bored and want to start work

This summer has been kind of a therapy for me. It's like a transition from my independent life, living in my own flat and now being at home with my pops.
I've done a lot this summer: I've read 6 magazines that had been waiting for a good read, I've read 3 books and watched a film I was given. I've watched my favorite films and taken my dog for a walk.
I've been kicking it around the Valley and it's pretty shocking to see my surroundings are changing completely. There are people I don't know, teenage kids swarming around like a bunch of mosquitoes wearing preppy clothes... I feel so fucking old.

When I take my dog for a walk I always try to keep up at the town's people's pace but I can't... They are ver slow when walking... They're not worried about time...

Once one of my professor's at the Fac, this very skinny always-late-4-work Ibero woman, told us that Time is money, and we should not waste it.

When I was working at the Fac, a year ago approximately, I was living on a fricking constant rush, and I had to walk a lot and solve all the incoming problems throughout the day...

At the end of the day I was exhausted. I used to get up at 7, start work at 9, finish work at 3 then start teaching at 4 and finish teaching at 9.

I earned very good money I have to say, but I was wearing out and I was a fricking walking bunch of nerves...

Tomoko, my beautiful Japanese 20 y/o student told me that in Japan students always arrive 10 before the class starts and in Mexico students arrive even 40 minutes later. She loved that...

Now, for much I try to slow down my pace a little a feel the need to jog...

I really want to start work again. I still have five more books to read and some chores to be done around da house, but I miss the interaction with students and people. I miss my friends too.

Now I want to start working...






Pics taken from The Visual Dictionary

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario